FOOD SHELF HOURS
Food is available to those needing assistance during the following hours:
Mondays 10:00am – 1:00pm
Tuesdays 10:00am – 1:00pm
Wednesdays 10:00am – 1:00pm
Thursdays 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Fridays 2:00pm – 5:00pm
The Supplemental Food Shelf is available to anyone needing free food. Qualifying households meet the Income Eligibility Guidelines 2021. Here is a snapshot of what you can except at the food shelf.
1) Please wait outside the Food Shelf door until the volunteer invites you inside. Once inside, the registration volunteer will either update or create your database record by asking you some basic questions. No document verification is needed. You will confirm your eligibility through self-declaration of your household size and income and by signing our electronic agreement form annually.
2) Based on your household size, the volunteer will give you a shopping list from which you select your food. As you walk down the aisles, all items are arranged into 11 color-coded categories as listed on this shopping list starting with fresh produce. We use the words “Up To” on the shopping list meaning you can take up to that number or less but not more than the number listed for that category. WVS Shopping Guide 1-2 (4)
3) Once you get halfway down the first aisle, another shopper will be allowed in the door.
4) All the aisles are one-directional and there is no turning back to an aisle once you leave it. We continue to promote physical distancing by allowing only one shopper per aisle. However, if someone is taking a long time to make their selection, the person behind will be allowed to pass. Please be mindful that others are waiting their turn so Be Quick, But Don’t Hurry.
5) After you select your frozen meats and dairy items, please roll your cart onto the floor scale. At this check-out point, another volunteer will record the weight of the food you selected. Afterwards, you will take the cart to your car and load your groceries. Boxes and bags are available for you to use or you can bring your own.
6) Finally, we ask that you return the cart to the designated area at the bottom of the ramp.
Check out this two week menu guide from Minnesota Extension. This helps you plan nutritous meals for the week along with a shopping list to make sure you have the right supplies on hand.
How we look now….