To qualify for the food shelf or to renew one’s eligibility, please come to the Office during food shelf hours only. A staff member will get your verbal information and determine your eligibility based on 200% of Federal Poverty guidelines. Once eligibility is verbally confirmed, the applicant will sign a WVS Food Shelf Agreement Form.
When the food shelf is closed and someone is in need of food, please see the staff in the Office between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday for emergency food assistance.
- The supplemental food shelf offers Winona County residents with limited resources a way to receive free food once a month.
- Qualifying households have incomes up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- WVS asks that individuals verbally verify their place of residence and income when applying for this program.
- Eligible applicants receive a 12-month punch card.
- The punch card allows a household to visit the food shelf once a month.
- Shoppers select their own food which includes fresh, frozen and non-perishable items.
- Shoppers may renew their eligibility annually.