Winona Volunteer Services will continue normal business hours for the time being. However, we have implemented additional safety measures to protect our volunteers, staff and anyone who utilizes our services.
In general, we ask you to:
- Please do not come to WVS for a service if you do not feel well. Stay home if you feel sick, including cold symptoms. We cannot stress this point enough.
Instead, call us 507.452.5591 to discuss your situation over the phone.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw it away and wash your hands.
Specific measures in the food shelf
- We are reducing the number of people allowed in the food shelf at one time to encourage social distancing. No more than six carts at a time will be available for use in the food shelf.
- If you are sick and need food, please call 507.452.5591 and talk with a staff member to determine other options other than shopping in the food shelf.
If and when we make any additional changes that will affect our services to the public, we will let you know here.
Please visit the Winona Health website at winonahealth.org for the most up to date information and links to Minnesota Department of Health and Center for Disease Control. Or call 507.454.3650 and ask the operator to link you to the recording where you can leave your questions.